TJ Jackson Breaks Down During MJ Death Trial Testimony, Talks About Cousin Paris
A video footage of his uncle, the late King of Pop Michael Jackson, singing with his brothers, played today in the superstar ongoing wrongful death trial caused TJ Jackson to break down while he was testifying. TJ, son of Michael's brother Tito and appointed co-guardian for his cousins including Paris, spoke about the close relationship between father and daughter and how it relates to Paris' depression and recent failed suicide attempt.
"It's tough. She was daddy's girl. My uncle was her world," TJ revealed as he responded to questions while on the stand, saying "the loss of my uncle has hit her at a different level" and that "it has been very challenging for the girl." Of her late uncle's only daughter, who was the "princess of [Michael's] life," TJ said, "She is in a tough spot, but we are loving her and helping her getting her where she should be."
While being cross examined, TJ also recalled how happy his uncle was back when he last saw Michael during a family affair celebrating the 40th anniversary of his grandparents. "He was talking about kids and making jokes. He was happy and jolly and I was happy to see him and the kids," he shared. TJ also went on to reveal that during the dinner, Michael spoke about his desire to have more kids.
His ward Paris, who is getting psychiatric therapy at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, has not fully recovered from the loss of her father, attributed to her not having properly grieved over it because of the all the media hype surrounding the incident. She is set to undergo three months of intensive therapy in another facility to address her depression.
Michael Jackson home movies (starring Prince, Paris and Blanket) shown in court:
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen