Matthew Morrison Engaged to Girlfriend of Two Years Renee Puente
Matthew Morrison, 34, is one step closer to get married. The Will Schuester of "Glee" had proposed to his girlfriend Renee Puente after two years of dating, good friend Elton John and his partner David Furnish revealed June 27 on stage.
The happy news was announced at the White Tie and Tiara Ball to benefit John's AIDS Foundation in London. The British singer then dedicated his performance of "Your Song" with Coldplay's frontman Chris Martin to the newly-betrothed couple.
Morrison and Puente went public with their romance at the very same event two years ago. They came to the fundraiser again this year. He looked dashing in a tailored suit and bowtie, while his new fiancee donned a blue embroidered gown with a huge sparkler on her ring finger.
"I'm very happy," the actor once said of his relationship with his girlfriend, 26. "Renee's not in the industry -- I need that normality. We like to stay home and cook, we're not that Hollywood."
He was joined by her in London to promote his new album "Where It All Began". They took time to meet young patients at Great Ormond Street Hospital to give their support. "Such an incredible time at Great Ormond St Children's Hospital. Such brave kids!" he tweeted.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special