'Downton Abbey' Creator Is Open to Casting P. Diddy
Sean "P. Diddy" Combs starring on "Downton Abbey" may come true in the future. Reacting to the rapper's spoof of the show, series creator Julian Fellowes says, "I absolutely adored it, but I just couldn't see how he could have done it."
The British writer doesn't rule out the possibility of casting him for a role on the period drama, stating, "I'd never says never." He goes on gushing, "...though I imagine he'd steal the scene, even if it was a small part."
Back in May, Combs started rumors that he joined the cast of the critically-acclaimed series with his tweet, "So happy to announce that Im a series regular on DOWNTON ABBEY-my favorite show." PBS quickly denied it, but it only became clearer what the record producer meant with his announcement when his "Downton Abbey" Funny or Die spoof was released later.
"Downton Abbey" will return with its fourth season on January 5, 2014 in the U.S. on PBS. Paul Giamatti was recently added as a new cast member, joining Gary Carr, Kiri Te Kanawa, Julian Ovenden, Nigel Harman, Joanna David, Harriet Walter and Tom Cullen.
More Downton Abbey News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna