'Downton Abbey' Creator Is Open to Casting P. Diddy
Sean "P. Diddy" Combs starring on "Downton Abbey" may come true in the future. Reacting to the rapper's spoof of the show, series creator Julian Fellowes says, "I absolutely adored it, but I just couldn't see how he could have done it."
The British writer doesn't rule out the possibility of casting him for a role on the period drama, stating, "I'd never says never." He goes on gushing, "...though I imagine he'd steal the scene, even if it was a small part."
Back in May, Combs started rumors that he joined the cast of the critically-acclaimed series with his tweet, "So happy to announce that Im a series regular on DOWNTON ABBEY-my favorite show." PBS quickly denied it, but it only became clearer what the record producer meant with his announcement when his "Downton Abbey" Funny or Die spoof was released later.
"Downton Abbey" will return with its fourth season on January 5, 2014 in the U.S. on PBS. Paul Giamatti was recently added as a new cast member, joining Gary Carr, Kiri Te Kanawa, Julian Ovenden, Nigel Harman, Joanna David, Harriet Walter and Tom Cullen.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture