Rick Rubin Teases Part Two of Kanye West's Album 'Yeezus'
G.O.O.D Music mogul Kanye West might do a Justin Timberlake, that is, release two albums within a single year. Like JT, Yeezy apparently has many other songs that didn't make the cut in his recently-released studio album "Yeezus", enough to make a sequel, as revealed by the album's co-executive producer Rick Rubin.
"Initially, [West] thought there were going to be 16 songs on the album. But that first day, before he even asked me to work on it, I said, 'Maybe you should make it more concise. Maybe this is two albums. Maybe this is just the first half.' That was one of the first breakthroughs," the Def Jam Records founding producer said. Asked whether that would mean a second LP "Yeezus" will be released, Rubin answered with an indefinite "might be."
If ever they do come up with a second installment of the much-talked about album, Rubin would most likely want to have more ample time putting it together as opposed to all the cramming they did on "Yeezus". The veteran record producer revealed how he and West went into panic mode, trying to finish the album given that the rap superstar approached him with only five weeks to go before it was supposed to hit the stores.
With "three and a half hours of works in progress," Rubin and West worked "probably 15 days, 16 days, long hours, no days off, 15 hours a day" just so they could flesh out the album, eventually narrowing down the track list from the initial plan of 16 tracks to the final version with 10. The schedule was said to have been so tight, West was even writing the lyrics to two of the tracks the night before the album was set to debut.
More Kanye West News
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose