Rick Rubin Teases Part Two of Kanye West's Album 'Yeezus'
G.O.O.D Music mogul Kanye West might do a Justin Timberlake, that is, release two albums within a single year. Like JT, Yeezy apparently has many other songs that didn't make the cut in his recently-released studio album "Yeezus", enough to make a sequel, as revealed by the album's co-executive producer Rick Rubin.
"Initially, [West] thought there were going to be 16 songs on the album. But that first day, before he even asked me to work on it, I said, 'Maybe you should make it more concise. Maybe this is two albums. Maybe this is just the first half.' That was one of the first breakthroughs," the Def Jam Records founding producer said. Asked whether that would mean a second LP "Yeezus" will be released, Rubin answered with an indefinite "might be."
If ever they do come up with a second installment of the much-talked about album, Rubin would most likely want to have more ample time putting it together as opposed to all the cramming they did on "Yeezus". The veteran record producer revealed how he and West went into panic mode, trying to finish the album given that the rap superstar approached him with only five weeks to go before it was supposed to hit the stores.
With "three and a half hours of works in progress," Rubin and West worked "probably 15 days, 16 days, long hours, no days off, 15 hours a day" just so they could flesh out the album, eventually narrowing down the track list from the initial plan of 16 tracks to the final version with 10. The schedule was said to have been so tight, West was even writing the lyrics to two of the tracks the night before the album was set to debut.
More Kanye West News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign