Zach Braff to Headline Woody Allen's 'Bullets Over Broadway' Musical
Zach Braff will reunite with his "Manhattan Murder Mystery" director, Woody Allen, in a Broadway production. Best known for his portrayal of Dr. John Dorian on "Scrubs", he is set to join musical version of "Bullets Over Broadway", taking on a role made famous by John Cusack in the 1994 feature, idealistic young playwright David Shayne.
The play will also feature "The Sopranos" alum Vincent Pastore, who is cast as a mob boss who agrees to finance Shayne's project with one condition that his talentless mistress, to be played by Helene Yorke, gets a part in it. Casting of two key roles of aging stage diva Helen Sinclair, a role for which Dianne Wiest won an Oscar, and gangster Cheech, played in the film by Chazz Palminteri, is not yet announced.
Brooks Ashmanskas, Betsy Wolfe and Leny Wolpe are added to the ensemble for supporting roles. The play is scheduled to start previews on March 11 and officially open on April 10 at the St. James Theatre in New York. Tony Award-winning Susan Stroman, who handled the stage production of Mel Brooks' "The Producers", will direct and choreograph it.
Allen is adapting his original script, which was co-written by Douglas McGrath. Production designer Santo Loquasto will take charge of the sets for the musical, to be produced by Allen's sister Letty Aronson and Julian Schlossberg.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video