Keira Knightley to Produce and Star in 'The Other Typist'
Keira Knightley is confirmed to be involved in Fox Searchlight's latest project, The Hollywood Reporter learns. The Elizabeth Swann depicter in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" is set to produce and star in "The Other Typist", the feature version of Suzanne Rindells' debut novel of the same title.
Published by Amy Einhorn Books/Putnam, the novel centers on Rose, an aloof typist in a police precinct who builds a friendship with a beautiful yet mysterious co-worker who later introduces her to the glamorous and forbidden underworld of 1920s New York. Kirkus Reviews described it as "a deliciously addictive, cinematically influenced page-turner, both comic and provocative."
The studio's senior vice president of production Zola Mashariki will join forces with DanTram Nguyen to oversee the production. No start date has been set yet.
Knightley recently starred in "Anna Karenina", director Joe Wright's big-screen adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's 1877 novel. Her performance as the titular character earned her a nomination for Best Actress at People's Choice Awards and Satellite Award.
Knightley is currently filming drama "Laggies", in which she acts opposite Chloe Moretz. The 28-year-old actress will next be seen in "Jack Ryan" and "Can a Song Save Your Life?", which also features Maroon 5's frontman Adam Levine and Mark Ruffalo.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame