Keira Knightley to Produce and Star in 'The Other Typist'
Keira Knightley is confirmed to be involved in Fox Searchlight's latest project, The Hollywood Reporter learns. The Elizabeth Swann depicter in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" is set to produce and star in "The Other Typist", the feature version of Suzanne Rindells' debut novel of the same title.
Published by Amy Einhorn Books/Putnam, the novel centers on Rose, an aloof typist in a police precinct who builds a friendship with a beautiful yet mysterious co-worker who later introduces her to the glamorous and forbidden underworld of 1920s New York. Kirkus Reviews described it as "a deliciously addictive, cinematically influenced page-turner, both comic and provocative."
The studio's senior vice president of production Zola Mashariki will join forces with DanTram Nguyen to oversee the production. No start date has been set yet.
Knightley recently starred in "Anna Karenina", director Joe Wright's big-screen adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's 1877 novel. Her performance as the titular character earned her a nomination for Best Actress at People's Choice Awards and Satellite Award.
Knightley is currently filming drama "Laggies", in which she acts opposite Chloe Moretz. The 28-year-old actress will next be seen in "Jack Ryan" and "Can a Song Save Your Life?", which also features Maroon 5's frontman Adam Levine and Mark Ruffalo.
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge