Robert Pattinson Fuels 'Fifty Shades' Rumor After Caught Partying With E. L. James
Casting rumors surrounding "Fifty Shades of Grey" continue to swirl. This time, Robert Pattinson is said to be the possible top candidate to portray kinky billionaire Christian Grey in the big-screen adaptation of the 2011 erotic bestseller after spotted partying with author E. L. James, who recently appointed Sam Taylor-Johnson to direct the movie.
As reported by E! Online, Pattinson threw a birthday party for director Nicholas Jarecki at his Los Feliz, Calif. home on Saturday night, June 22. Among the well-known guests invited to the bash was apparently James, and it refuels words that the Cedric Diggory depicter in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" could be offered the coveted role directly by the British author.
Previously, "Kick-Ass" star Aaron Johnson was thought to be the frontrunner for the gig considering that this project would be handled by his wife, who directed him in "Nowhere Boy". A rep for the actor then quickly made a statement to deny it, saying to USA Today, "Aaron is not doing 'Fifty Shades of Grey'."
Armie Hammer also slammed reports he would headline the movie, which follows the S&M relationship of Grey and college student Anastasia Steele. "While I was working on 'Lone Ranger', my agent brought it up, and I said 'Nope'. I mean, come on - it's just mommy porn," he said as quoted by Playboy mag.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake