Kate Gosselin Addresses Alleged Racist Photo Controversy
Kate Gosselin defends herself against racist accusation which stemmed from a photo showing her wearing a plastic geisha headpiece and slanting her eyes. In her official site, the former reality series star explained the image, saying that the "personal photo," which was hacked from her personal computer, came from a happy memory with her former husband Jon Gosselin.
"This was a happy memory of mine. It was a happy time for me and Jon, smiling and 'goofing off' together," Kate said, adding that at that time she received tons of gifts from fans. "When we opened this plastic Asian dress up wig sent from a caring fan, we smiled, each taking turns posing in it and snapping photos (on my phone) of each other. Naturally, I 'slanted' my eyes to show him my best Asian impression, which made him smile," Kate wrote.
The mother of eight explained that a fan sent the package to her so that she could "be Asian" like her family. She added that her growing children noticed their parents' different physical features and they often talked about or "exaggerated" the differences.
In her statement, Kate dismissed allegation suggesting that she is racist. "I married an Asian. I have eight biracial children therefore I'm quite certain that I'm the last person that could be called a racist. I couldn't be more proud of my eight beautiful children and wouldn't change anything about them or their heritage," she concluded.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer