Kate Gosselin Addresses Alleged Racist Photo Controversy
Kate Gosselin defends herself against racist accusation which stemmed from a photo showing her wearing a plastic geisha headpiece and slanting her eyes. In her official site, the former reality series star explained the image, saying that the "personal photo," which was hacked from her personal computer, came from a happy memory with her former husband Jon Gosselin.
"This was a happy memory of mine. It was a happy time for me and Jon, smiling and 'goofing off' together," Kate said, adding that at that time she received tons of gifts from fans. "When we opened this plastic Asian dress up wig sent from a caring fan, we smiled, each taking turns posing in it and snapping photos (on my phone) of each other. Naturally, I 'slanted' my eyes to show him my best Asian impression, which made him smile," Kate wrote.
The mother of eight explained that a fan sent the package to her so that she could "be Asian" like her family. She added that her growing children noticed their parents' different physical features and they often talked about or "exaggerated" the differences.
In her statement, Kate dismissed allegation suggesting that she is racist. "I married an Asian. I have eight biracial children therefore I'm quite certain that I'm the last person that could be called a racist. I couldn't be more proud of my eight beautiful children and wouldn't change anything about them or their heritage," she concluded.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child