'Under the Dome' Delivers Big Ratings for Summer Debut
CBS' summer series "Under the Dome" had a strong start. The new drama, based on Stephen King's novel of the same title, drew 13.5 million viewers and 3.3 rating among adults 18-49 (after adjustment) on its debut Monday night, June 24, according to Nielsen.
It marked the biggest audience for a new summer scripted show on CBS since "2000 Malibu Road" delivered 17.05 million viewers in 1992 and the most-watched summer debut for any network since NBC's "The Singing Bee" in 2007. It also matched FOX's "The Following" as the second-highest new drama debut this year, while NBC's "Revolution" still holds the first place.
"Under the Dome", which was originally developed for CBS' corporate cousin Showtime, is a 13-part sci-fi series set in a small New England town that is suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town's inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from and if and when it will go away.
Mike Vogel, Rachelle Lefevre, Colin Ford, Dean Norris and Natalie Martinez star on the show, which is executive produced by King, Brian K. Vaughan, Neal Baer, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank and Stacey Snider. It will return with a new episode, "The Fire", on July 1 at 10/9c.
"Under the Dome" 1.02 preview:
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed