Mariah Carey Postpones Her New Album
Mariah Carey has a change of heart. The former "American Idol" judge originally planned to release her next studio album "The Art of Letting Go" across the United States on July 23, but now she pushes it back to give her more time to put finishing touches on the effort.
"While making this album, I got so immersed in the creative process that I just don't feel I would be doing it justice to release it on 7/23," she explained in a tweet. "I'd rather not exclude meaningful songs. I want to give you this album as it's meant to be heard.When I'm ready, you'll be the first 2 know!"
The album has already been preceded with the chart-busting lead single "#Beautiful" that features Miguel. Co-written by the two artists, the hashtag song has reached No. 15 on Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at No. 3 on the U.S. R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
She has also lined up a number of big gigs leading up to the album release. Her upcoming performances include BET Awards and Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular.
More Mariah Carey News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards