Mariah Carey Postpones Her New Album
Mariah Carey has a change of heart. The former "American Idol" judge originally planned to release her next studio album "The Art of Letting Go" across the United States on July 23, but now she pushes it back to give her more time to put finishing touches on the effort.
"While making this album, I got so immersed in the creative process that I just don't feel I would be doing it justice to release it on 7/23," she explained in a tweet. "I'd rather not exclude meaningful songs. I want to give you this album as it's meant to be heard.When I'm ready, you'll be the first 2 know!"
The album has already been preceded with the chart-busting lead single "#Beautiful" that features Miguel. Co-written by the two artists, the hashtag song has reached No. 15 on Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at No. 3 on the U.S. R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
She has also lined up a number of big gigs leading up to the album release. Her upcoming performances include BET Awards and Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular.
More Mariah Carey News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences