Mariah Carey Postpones Her New Album
Mariah Carey has a change of heart. The former "American Idol" judge originally planned to release her next studio album "The Art of Letting Go" across the United States on July 23, but now she pushes it back to give her more time to put finishing touches on the effort.
"While making this album, I got so immersed in the creative process that I just don't feel I would be doing it justice to release it on 7/23," she explained in a tweet. "I'd rather not exclude meaningful songs. I want to give you this album as it's meant to be heard.When I'm ready, you'll be the first 2 know!"
The album has already been preceded with the chart-busting lead single "#Beautiful" that features Miguel. Co-written by the two artists, the hashtag song has reached No. 15 on Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at No. 3 on the U.S. R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
She has also lined up a number of big gigs leading up to the album release. Her upcoming performances include BET Awards and Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular.
More Mariah Carey News
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli