Mariah Carey Postpones Her New Album
Mariah Carey has a change of heart. The former "American Idol" judge originally planned to release her next studio album "The Art of Letting Go" across the United States on July 23, but now she pushes it back to give her more time to put finishing touches on the effort.
"While making this album, I got so immersed in the creative process that I just don't feel I would be doing it justice to release it on 7/23," she explained in a tweet. "I'd rather not exclude meaningful songs. I want to give you this album as it's meant to be heard.When I'm ready, you'll be the first 2 know!"
The album has already been preceded with the chart-busting lead single "#Beautiful" that features Miguel. Co-written by the two artists, the hashtag song has reached No. 15 on Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at No. 3 on the U.S. R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
She has also lined up a number of big gigs leading up to the album release. Her upcoming performances include BET Awards and Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular.
More Mariah Carey News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera