Mariah Carey Postpones Her New Album
Mariah Carey has a change of heart. The former "American Idol" judge originally planned to release her next studio album "The Art of Letting Go" across the United States on July 23, but now she pushes it back to give her more time to put finishing touches on the effort.
"While making this album, I got so immersed in the creative process that I just don't feel I would be doing it justice to release it on 7/23," she explained in a tweet. "I'd rather not exclude meaningful songs. I want to give you this album as it's meant to be heard.When I'm ready, you'll be the first 2 know!"
The album has already been preceded with the chart-busting lead single "#Beautiful" that features Miguel. Co-written by the two artists, the hashtag song has reached No. 15 on Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at No. 3 on the U.S. R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
She has also lined up a number of big gigs leading up to the album release. Her upcoming performances include BET Awards and Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular.
More Mariah Carey News
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked