'Mad Men' Sets New Ratings Record With Season 6 Finale
"Mad Men" ended its sixth season on a high note. According to AMC, the June 23 episode titled "In Care Of" delivered 2.7 million viewers, beating out the season five finale which garnered 2.6 million viewers, and a 2.1 rating in the household ratings. It marks the highest-rated finale in series history.
"There is nothing else on television like 'Mad Men', and for the series in its sixth season to deliver the highest-rated finale ever-and an episode that critics and fans have already declared an instant classic is a testament to everyone who brings this world to life," AMC president Charlie Collier says of the show's latest achievement.
"Matthew Weiner [series creator] and his cast and crew have created something that continues to occupy a unique and very special place, on television and across the broader cultural landscape, and we are so proud to be a part of it."
Overall, the show is averaging 2.5 million viewers, a 1.9 rating and 1.3 million viewers in the adults 25-54 demo this season.
The season 6 finale of "Mad Men" saw Don Draper hitting rock bottom as his marriage with Megan is in jeopardy and he's fired from Sterling Cooper & Partners. "In the corporate world, being put on leave is as close to being fired as possible," Weiner explained Don's situation to Entertainment Weekly. "People do come back from it, but it's a really embarrassing and serious activity."
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack