Scottie Pippen Turns Himself in for Questioning Over Alleged Assault
Retired NBA player Scottie Pippen turned himself in to the Lost Hills Sheriff's Department for questioning over an alleged assault that took place inside celebrity hangout Nobu restaurant in Malibu over the weekend. The former Chicago Bulls forward voluntarily surrendered to the authorities without the need to have him booked or arrested.
"He came in and was very cooperative and answered a lot of questions," Capt. Pat Davoren described Pippen when the 47-year-old Bull's special adviser came by and stayed for about an hour at the L.A. County Sheriff's Department. Aside from the pro-basketball star's statement, other witnesses will also be questioned as part of the ongoing investigation conducted by LASD detectives.
The alleged Nobu altercation took place the night before around dinnertime between Pippen and another male adult customer of the sushi restaurant. Pippen was dining with his family when the guy approached him for an autograph and started taking pictures. By the time Pippen's group was about to leave the establishment, the guy, who was reportedly intoxicated at that time, approached him again and soon after the altercation happened.
The insistent fan was said to have sustained some head injuries from the altercation and was consequently rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. The autograph-seeker's condition remains undisclosed at this time but it is expected to be revealed soon once he is contacted by investigators.
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'