'Pacific Rim' New Trailer: Last Hope of Mankind
Warner Bros. has just dropped a new trailer for its much-talked-about film "Pacific Rim", directed by "Pan's Labyrinth" helmer Guillermo del Toro. Titled "At the Edge", the newest promo video puts more focus on motivational speech from Idris Elba, who is cast as Stacker Pentecost.
"Today, at the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in ourselves, but in each other," Elba says as the video previews destruction caused by Kaijus. "Today there's not a man or woman in here that shall stand alone. Today we face the monsters that are at our door. Today we are canceling the apocalypse!"
"Pacific Rim" centers on a washed up former pilot named Raleigh Antrobus (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee called Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi). Together, they drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past.
They stand as mankind's last hope when legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, start rising from the sea and aim to take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end.
Charlie Day, Clifton Collins Jr. and Ron Perlman are also in the cast of the highly-anticipated "Pacific Rim", which is set to invade theaters nationwide on July 12.
More Pacific Rim News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance