'Pacific Rim' New Trailer: Last Hope of Mankind
Warner Bros. has just dropped a new trailer for its much-talked-about film "Pacific Rim", directed by "Pan's Labyrinth" helmer Guillermo del Toro. Titled "At the Edge", the newest promo video puts more focus on motivational speech from Idris Elba, who is cast as Stacker Pentecost.
"Today, at the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in ourselves, but in each other," Elba says as the video previews destruction caused by Kaijus. "Today there's not a man or woman in here that shall stand alone. Today we face the monsters that are at our door. Today we are canceling the apocalypse!"
"Pacific Rim" centers on a washed up former pilot named Raleigh Antrobus (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee called Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi). Together, they drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past.
They stand as mankind's last hope when legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, start rising from the sea and aim to take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end.
Charlie Day, Clifton Collins Jr. and Ron Perlman are also in the cast of the highly-anticipated "Pacific Rim", which is set to invade theaters nationwide on July 12.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!