Mariah Carey Joins MBL All-Star Charity Concert to Benefit Sandy Relief
Mariah Carey teams up with Major League Baseball for a benefit concert. The free concert to benefit Superstorm Sandy relief will be held on Central Park's Great Lawn on June 13, three days before MLB All-Star Game at New York's Citi Field.
Joined by the New York Philharmonic, Carey is scheduled to take the stage at 07:30 P.M. to perform a mixture of classics and new songs from her upcoming album, "The Art of Letting Go". At the concert, former Yankees manager Joe Torre will also make special appearance to read the classis baseball poem written by Ernest Thayer, "Casey at the Bat".
Tickets are free, but all the concert attendees must have a ticket. The tickets are available on allstargame.com beginning Wednesday, June 26, at 10:00 A.M. For those who cannot make it to the Great Lawn, the concert will air on FOX.
"Major League Baseball is committed to leaving a lasting legacy in the community that hosts the All-Star Game," said Baseball Commissioner Allan "Bud" Selig. "This concert will provide a great opportunity for Major League Baseball to not only raise funds but remind people not to forget about those who still haven't recovered from the devastating impact of Superstorm Sandy."
Alan Gilbert, a music director who will lead the New York Philharmonic, also shared his excitement to be able to join the benefit concert. "I am really looking forward to celebrating the All-Star Game with this fun program," he said. "Music might be my main game, but I love baseball. It's a thrill to be conducting on this special occasion. It is particularly gratifying to be part of this event that will help support those whose lives were affected by Hurricane Sandy."
More Mariah Carey News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival