Paula Deen Reschedules 'Today' Interview
Paula Deen recommits to "Today" interview, days after canceling her scheduled appearace on Friday, June 21. The cook is now slated to appear on the NBC morning program Wednesday, June 26. "She has told us she will be here this time," Matt Lauer said on the show Monday.
Deen was a no-show on "Today" last week, on the same day Food Network announced that it dropped the "Paula's Best Dishes" star. The restaurateur, who is embroiled in a racial discrimination lawsuit filed by her former employee, offered her apology through a YouTube video, "I was invited this morning to speak with Matt Lauer about a subject that has been very hurtful for a lot of people and Matt, I have to say I have been physically not able to this morning. The pain has been tremendous that I have caused to myself and to others."
In light of the N-word controversy surrounding Deen, QVC is also reviewing its contract with her. Meanwhile, meat processing company Smithfield has decided to cut ties with the former cooking show host.
"Smithfield condemns the use of offensive and discriminatory language and behavior of any kind," a spokeswoman for the company said in a statement released on Monday. "Therefore, we are terminating our partnership with Paula Deen. Smithfield is determined to be an ethical food industry leader and it is important that our values and those of our spokespeople are properly aligned."
More Today News
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video