Paula Deen Reschedules 'Today' Interview
Paula Deen recommits to "Today" interview, days after canceling her scheduled appearace on Friday, June 21. The cook is now slated to appear on the NBC morning program Wednesday, June 26. "She has told us she will be here this time," Matt Lauer said on the show Monday.
Deen was a no-show on "Today" last week, on the same day Food Network announced that it dropped the "Paula's Best Dishes" star. The restaurateur, who is embroiled in a racial discrimination lawsuit filed by her former employee, offered her apology through a YouTube video, "I was invited this morning to speak with Matt Lauer about a subject that has been very hurtful for a lot of people and Matt, I have to say I have been physically not able to this morning. The pain has been tremendous that I have caused to myself and to others."
In light of the N-word controversy surrounding Deen, QVC is also reviewing its contract with her. Meanwhile, meat processing company Smithfield has decided to cut ties with the former cooking show host.
"Smithfield condemns the use of offensive and discriminatory language and behavior of any kind," a spokeswoman for the company said in a statement released on Monday. "Therefore, we are terminating our partnership with Paula Deen. Smithfield is determined to be an ethical food industry leader and it is important that our values and those of our spokespeople are properly aligned."
More Today News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed