Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy Go 'Hot' in 'The Heat' Mondo Poster
Entertainment Weekly has unleashed a special Mondo poster of "The Heat", Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy's upcoming buddy-cop comedy. Designed by artist Tom "The Dude Designs" Hodge, the "hot" poster will be given away at 10 P.M. opening-night showtimes of the Paul Feig-directed movie on June 27 at Alamo Drafthouse theaters nationwide, while supplies last.
"I am a huge fan of the work Mondo does, so I was really pushing for them to do a poster for 'The Heat'," Feig says in a statement as quoted by EW. The "Bridesmaids" helmer admits he is pleased with the whole ideas presented through it. "When they sent me their take I cracked up, as they really nailed it," 62-year-old Feig gushes.
Mondo creative director Justin Ishmael also has his say on the creative collaboration. "Everything Paul Feig touches is amazing, so were incredibly excited when he reached out to us and asked us if we wanted to do a poster for 'The Heat'," Ishamael says. "After watching an early screening of it, we were sold on the movie's hilarity and this poster is a direct result."
"The Heat" was recently premiered in New York, with Bullock and McCarthy on hand for the promotional event. Both stars shared sisterly love on the red carpet as they posed playfully for the shutterbugs.
Of strong bond between the two actresses, Feig said to LA Times, "They were thick as thieves almost from the start. It was almost to the point where I was like 'Hey, can I get in there?' "
"The Heat" is set to hit U.S. theaters on June 28.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018