Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy Go 'Hot' in 'The Heat' Mondo Poster
Entertainment Weekly has unleashed a special Mondo poster of "The Heat", Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy's upcoming buddy-cop comedy. Designed by artist Tom "The Dude Designs" Hodge, the "hot" poster will be given away at 10 P.M. opening-night showtimes of the Paul Feig-directed movie on June 27 at Alamo Drafthouse theaters nationwide, while supplies last.
"I am a huge fan of the work Mondo does, so I was really pushing for them to do a poster for 'The Heat'," Feig says in a statement as quoted by EW. The "Bridesmaids" helmer admits he is pleased with the whole ideas presented through it. "When they sent me their take I cracked up, as they really nailed it," 62-year-old Feig gushes.
Mondo creative director Justin Ishmael also has his say on the creative collaboration. "Everything Paul Feig touches is amazing, so were incredibly excited when he reached out to us and asked us if we wanted to do a poster for 'The Heat'," Ishamael says. "After watching an early screening of it, we were sold on the movie's hilarity and this poster is a direct result."
"The Heat" was recently premiered in New York, with Bullock and McCarthy on hand for the promotional event. Both stars shared sisterly love on the red carpet as they posed playfully for the shutterbugs.
Of strong bond between the two actresses, Feig said to LA Times, "They were thick as thieves almost from the start. It was almost to the point where I was like 'Hey, can I get in there?' "
"The Heat" is set to hit U.S. theaters on June 28.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs