Demi Lovato Thanks Fans and Friends for Support After Her Father Died
In the wake of her father's passing, Demi Lovato issued a statement in a short message on her Twitter. "I feel so humbled to have had so much support from my fans, friends, family and complete strangers.. God bless you all, thank you so much," she wrote.
Demi's parents divorced in 1994. She and her father had a rocky relationship since 2007 before he passed away over the weekend after reportedly losing battle against cancer. The singer missed out a scheduled photoshoot for "The X Factor (US)" after the sad news broke out.
Condolences and prayers have since poured in from family and friends. Nick Jonas tweeted to the grieving star, "WE CAN'T STOP THE WORLD, but we can find friends we DON'T FORGET. So blessed our TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS collide. Stay Strong."
Jennifer Love Hewitt wrote, "Sending my thoughts to Demi Lovato and her family. My condolences during this tough time." Bella Thorne added, "Condolences...to @ddlovato family on the loss of Demi's father. Prayers and love to u all."
Ariana Grande posted, "sending @ddlovato an abundance of love, light and prayers." Zendaya Coleman said, "Sending love and light to you @ddlovato...I am here for you." "The X Factor" creator and judge Simon Cowell wrote, "My thoughts are with you Demi."
Host Mario Lopez added, "My thoughts & prayers are with you @ddlovato. God bless you & your family." Fellow judge Paulina Rubio wrote, "I lov u lil sis my prayers r w u guys! Te amo @ddlovato sorry for ur loss, i know what it feels Nothing we can say it's enough..."
More Demi Lovato News
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'