Demi Lovato Thanks Fans and Friends for Support After Her Father Died
In the wake of her father's passing, Demi Lovato issued a statement in a short message on her Twitter. "I feel so humbled to have had so much support from my fans, friends, family and complete strangers.. God bless you all, thank you so much," she wrote.
Demi's parents divorced in 1994. She and her father had a rocky relationship since 2007 before he passed away over the weekend after reportedly losing battle against cancer. The singer missed out a scheduled photoshoot for "The X Factor (US)" after the sad news broke out.
Condolences and prayers have since poured in from family and friends. Nick Jonas tweeted to the grieving star, "WE CAN'T STOP THE WORLD, but we can find friends we DON'T FORGET. So blessed our TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS collide. Stay Strong."
Jennifer Love Hewitt wrote, "Sending my thoughts to Demi Lovato and her family. My condolences during this tough time." Bella Thorne added, "Condolences...to @ddlovato family on the loss of Demi's father. Prayers and love to u all."
Ariana Grande posted, "sending @ddlovato an abundance of love, light and prayers." Zendaya Coleman said, "Sending love and light to you @ddlovato...I am here for you." "The X Factor" creator and judge Simon Cowell wrote, "My thoughts are with you Demi."
Host Mario Lopez added, "My thoughts & prayers are with you @ddlovato. God bless you & your family." Fellow judge Paulina Rubio wrote, "I lov u lil sis my prayers r w u guys! Te amo @ddlovato sorry for ur loss, i know what it feels Nothing we can say it's enough..."
More Demi Lovato News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story