George Lucas Marries Fiancee Mellody Hobson
Good news comes from "Star Wars" creator George Lucas. The 69-year-old director married his fiancee Mellody Hobson in a ceremony attended by family and friends over the weekend. "Cinderella Man" director Ron Howard took to Twitter on June 23 to congratulate the couple for the union.
"George Lucas Melody Hobson wedding was joy to behold Bill Moyers service was beautiful, nothing short of profound. Congrats Mr&Mrs Lucas," Howard wrote. "Django Unchained" star Samuel L. Jackson said in an excited-sounding Twitter post, "Let's give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY!! Congrats!!!!!!"
There were no details available concerning Lucas and Hobson's wedding. However, multiple sources suggested back in April that the pair would tie the knot at the Peninsula Hotel in Chicago, Illinois.
Lucas and Hobson have been together since 2006. The movie maker announced his engagement to the Princeton alum back in January. The wedding is the second for the movie director. He was previously married to film editor Marcia Lou Griffin before splitting in 1983.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son