'World War Z' Sequel Moving Forward at Paramount
A sequel to "World War Z" is officially under development. Paramount's vice chairman Rob Moore confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the studio "actively will turn to developing a sequel" after the Brad Pitt-starring flick exceeded expectations by opening to approximately $66 million in North America and an estimated $45.8 million internationally.
"The great thing about this process [of making and promoting the film] was that it showed what a great partner and producer Brad is. He made a true commitment," says Moore of Pitt, who tackles a role as a United Nation employee Gerry Lane in the film. Despite all serious production problems, "[Pitt] stayed and worked when he could have gone off and shot another movie."
Pitt indeed has made a great effort for the zombie movie, which also features cameo appearance from his son Maddox. Not only did the actor got involved in the whole production, but he also was on hand for all promotional efforts, including early screenings and premieres.
Pitt has previously hinted that the movie, in which he stars alongside Mireille Enos, would get a sequel treatment. When attending the London premiere June 2, Angelina Jolie's fiance said that there would be enough material from Max Brook's novel, on which the film is based, to pick up.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance