'World War Z' Sequel Moving Forward at Paramount
A sequel to "World War Z" is officially under development. Paramount's vice chairman Rob Moore confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the studio "actively will turn to developing a sequel" after the Brad Pitt-starring flick exceeded expectations by opening to approximately $66 million in North America and an estimated $45.8 million internationally.
"The great thing about this process [of making and promoting the film] was that it showed what a great partner and producer Brad is. He made a true commitment," says Moore of Pitt, who tackles a role as a United Nation employee Gerry Lane in the film. Despite all serious production problems, "[Pitt] stayed and worked when he could have gone off and shot another movie."
Pitt indeed has made a great effort for the zombie movie, which also features cameo appearance from his son Maddox. Not only did the actor got involved in the whole production, but he also was on hand for all promotional efforts, including early screenings and premieres.
Pitt has previously hinted that the movie, in which he stars alongside Mireille Enos, would get a sequel treatment. When attending the London premiere June 2, Angelina Jolie's fiance said that there would be enough material from Max Brook's novel, on which the film is based, to pick up.
More World War Z News
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?