Artist of the Week: Danielle Bradbery
The future shines bright for Danielle Bradbery. Though never having a vocal lesson, she shows her mean skills of climbing the chart even before she got signed to major label. If her participation on "The Voice" is any indication of what she has to offer, there will be more than one hit coming from her upcoming debut album.
With natural talent, the 16-year-old country artist from Texas nurtured her singing skills and made a convincing performance on the blind audition of the NBC show despite her admission that she never sang in front of a big crowd before. Under the guidance of Blake Shelton, she won the fourth season of the singing competition.
She became the youngest contestant to win the contest, beating her teammate The Swon Brothers who came in third place and Usher's protege Michelle Chamuel who finished second. She also scored the most singles to reach the Top 10 on iTunes this season. Her cover of "Heads Carolina, Tails California" became the first song of the season to break into the chart.
Shortly after her victory on the finale, she was signed to Big Machine Records which has become the home of superstars like Taylor Swift. "I definitely would love to have Blake included in everything. The music, I want to make my own song and... Oh man I'm just so excited for whatever comes," she gushed about her future project.
Her mentor was equally gushing when talking about her. Calling her "the most important artist to ever walk the 'Voice' stage," he added, "We've seen some artists come and go who've had record deals before, who have done some things before. Danielle Bradbery may be the first person we've actually discovered here on this show."
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'