Steve Carell and Minions Battle for Attention at 'Despicable Me 2' L. A. Premiere
The Los Angeles premiere of "Despicable Me 2" on Saturday, June 22 was lots of fun. Taking place at the Universal City Walk, the event featured special appearances from lovable minions. Steve Carell, who voices Gru in the animated movie, had pleasant time posing with the little creatures on the bright yellow carpet.
"They are always upstaging me," Carell told The Hollywood Reporter, as one particular minion suddenly danced behind the actor. Asked whether the minions' popularity bothered him or not, the Michael Scott depicter on "The Office" answered, "No, because if I am going to be upstaged by someone, I am glad it's them."
Miranda Cosgrove, the voice actress of Margo, was also on hand for the premiere. The "Kissin U" singer looked gorgeous in a Third Floor dress complete with Saint Laurent shoes and a Jimmy Choo clutch. Joining 20-year-old Cosgrove later were Benjamin Bratt, who came with his wife Talisa Soto, Ken Jeong and Kristen Wiig.
In the second film, supervillain Gru is assigned to help take down a fellow villain, armed with some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons.
Also supported by Russell Brand, "Despicable Me 2" will be released nationwide on July 3.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support