Steve Carell and Minions Battle for Attention at 'Despicable Me 2' L. A. Premiere
The Los Angeles premiere of "Despicable Me 2" on Saturday, June 22 was lots of fun. Taking place at the Universal City Walk, the event featured special appearances from lovable minions. Steve Carell, who voices Gru in the animated movie, had pleasant time posing with the little creatures on the bright yellow carpet.
"They are always upstaging me," Carell told The Hollywood Reporter, as one particular minion suddenly danced behind the actor. Asked whether the minions' popularity bothered him or not, the Michael Scott depicter on "The Office" answered, "No, because if I am going to be upstaged by someone, I am glad it's them."
Miranda Cosgrove, the voice actress of Margo, was also on hand for the premiere. The "Kissin U" singer looked gorgeous in a Third Floor dress complete with Saint Laurent shoes and a Jimmy Choo clutch. Joining 20-year-old Cosgrove later were Benjamin Bratt, who came with his wife Talisa Soto, Ken Jeong and Kristen Wiig.
In the second film, supervillain Gru is assigned to help take down a fellow villain, armed with some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons.
Also supported by Russell Brand, "Despicable Me 2" will be released nationwide on July 3.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story