Stone Temple Pilots' Former Singer Scott Weiland Marries Jamie Wachtel
Scott Weiland is officially off the market. The former lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver said "I do" to his photographer fiancee Jamie Wachtel Saturday night, June 22 at their Los Angeles home in an intimate wedding attended by closest family and friends.
The bride donned a flower headband and a white vintage dress from Paper Bag Princess in Beverly Hills, and the groom wrote a white suit from John Varvatos as they exchanged Pade Vavra rings. "We had the most beautiful, heartfelt ceremony," she told PEOPLE. "We all cried and laughed. Scott and I are over the moon!"
The couple first met in 2011 while he was filming music videos for his Christmas album "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year". Back then, she served as a photographer for the video shoot. They confirmed their engagement in November 2012 after one year of dating.
"I was kind of nervous because one of the songs ['I'll Be Home for Christmas'] was a tribute to war veterans from World War II on to today. So I'm in this vintage World War II dress outfit, and she was taking stills of me," Weiland recalled their first meeting to Rolling Stone.
"I was leaning against this fireplace, and she's like, 'You might want to tuck in your belly a little bit.' It was around the holidays -- it was after Thanksgiving, and you know how that tends to be. I was kind of caught off guard, and I started laughing and she started laughing. And I don't know ... something magical happened."
It was his third marriage. He has two children, Noah and Lucy, from his marriage to his second wife, model Mary Forsberg whom he divorced in 2007.
"It was truly remarkable because I had fallen in love a couple times in my life and then for a long time, I've been very disappointed and to the point where I've been resolved to the fact that possibly it would never happen again and almost accepted that it would be OK. And then I met her," he gushed of his new love.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage