Bruce Springsteen Dedicates 'Born to Run' Performance to James Gandolfini
Bruce Springsteen paid special tribute to the late James Gandolfini during his concert at Coventry, England, on Thursday, June 20. According to Hidden Track, Springsteen finished 11 songs before he took the mic and announced that he and his band, The E Street Band, would play the entire song off their 1975's "Born to Run" and dedicate it to the late actor.
In addition to playing 13 songs from the album, Springsteen performed his other hits that included "Long Walk Home", "The River" and "Long Time Comin' ". In the concert that lasted more than three hours, he played a total of 30 songs in front of more than 32,000 concertgoers.
Springsteen is only one of other celebrities who mourn Galdolfini's death. Previously, The E Street Band's guitarist and "The Sopranos" star, Steven Van Zandt, tweeted, "I have lost a brother and a best friend. The world has lost one of the greatest actors of all time."
Gandolfini, 51, died on Wednesday, June 19, while vacationing in Rome with his family. An autopsy confirmed that the actor died of a heart attack. Gandolfini's rep said on Friday, June 21, "Today we received the results of the autopsy, which stated he died of a heart attack, of natural causes."
"The autopsy further states that nothing else was found in his system. We are all devastated by this loss," the rep continued.
Gandolfini is survived by his wife, Deborah Lin, their nine-month-old daughter, and his 13-year-old son from a previous marriage.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce