Drake Denied Access to Miami Heat's Locker Room
Rapper Drake's plan to join Miami Heat's victory celebration in locker room failed when he was denied entry. The team won the NBA Championship title over the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday, June 20. Drake, who apparently wanted to congratulate LeBron James and other team members, was denied entry by security guards as he attempted to enter alongside media.
"Drake was just stopped by security. He tried getting in the locker room without media pass," a HOOPSWORLD reporter tweeted, adding that Drake tried his luck by saying, "I am media." A Sun-Sentinel reporter also gave similar info. "I got in the locker room [and] Drake was denied access," the reporter wrote.
Although he was denied entry into the locker room, Drake joined the team in an afterparty which was held on Thursday night in South Beach. He performed his hit "Started From the Bottom" at the victory bash. Timbaland was said performing his tunes as well. Justin Bieber reportedly requested to join them, but the team and club management had to refuse because he was still underage.
"Everyone was having a terrific night celebrating. This was a family night, so nothing too crazy happened, but it was truly a night for celebrating," an eyewitness told E! News. The party reportedly continued until 7 A.M.
Miami Heat's star LeBron James discussed his friendship with the rapper in an interview with Yahoo! Sports in 2011. "What we have is real family. It's not just because we are successful at what we do. We really care about one another on a day-to-day basis. Anytime you get a friend that can come and support you in what you do, I really respect that," James said.
More Drake News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son