First Look at Kristen Wiig as Bank Robber Patty Hearst on Comedy Central's 'Drunk History'
Kristen Wiig will show her rebellious side on Comedy Central's "Drunk History". The "Saturday Night Live" alumna will play convicted bank robber Patty Hearst in an August episode of the show, and her first look at the newspaper heiress has landed online.
Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, one of the photos shows her holding a gun to reenact Hearst's pose. Another picture displays her looking vicious as she looks at a police officer who holds her from the back.
"Drunk History", which will premiere July 9, is based on the popular Funny or Die video series and features an intoxicated person telling the story of a "historical event" that is reenacted by celebrities. In the episode featuring Wiig, comedian Natasha Leggero gets drunk and tells the true story of Hearst, a socialite who turned into a bank robber after being kidnapped by Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA) in 1974.
"Kristen played it in a way that will bring light to such a dark story," "Drunk History" co-creator and host Derek Waters tells EW. "When Natasha came to set, she didn't know what was going on. We got the pretty identical set to what the SLA had in San Francisco and she just sees Kristen Wiig talking to herself using Natasha's drunk voice in a corner. It's got to be the weirdest thing for them."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics