Man Arrested for Allegedly Threatening to Kill Miranda Kerr
Steven C. Swanson was taken into custody after he allegedly made a threat against Orlando Bloom's wife, Miranda Kerr. The 52-year-old man, who lives in Sandwich, Massachusetts, was arrested after local police received a notification from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department suggesting that Swanson would fly to Kerr's home in Los Angeles next month and kill her.
Swanson dialed a dispatcher in Los Angeles and shared his plan to "rescue" the mother of one, whom he referred to as his "wife" and "soul mate." He said that he was a federal agent and he would travel to Los Angeles with two guns. When local police arrived at Swanson's home, they found pictures of Kerr in his refrigerator, microwave and bookshelf.
The police, however, were unable to find two .45 caliber guns which reportedly would be used to shoot the mother of 2-year-old Flynn. Authorities only found a pellet gun which looked like "a real pistol" and took it with them.
In a hearing held on June 19, Swanson pled not guilty to a charge of making a threat concerning a firearm at the Barnstable District Court. A doctor, who was not identified at the court, testified that Swanson had been suffering from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, and he stopped his medication in March. According to Cape Cod Times, Swanson is currently undergoing a psychiatric evaluation and he is held on $8,000 bail. Another hearing was set for July 19.
More Miranda Kerr News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival