Justin Timberlake to Perform at 2013 BET Awards
The 2013 BET Awards packs in the star power for its June 30 telecast live from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles with the latest line-up addition, Billboard chart-topper Justin Timberlake. The 32-year-old entertainer joins initially announced performers which include soon-to-be replaced "American Idol" judges, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj, hip-hop's finest young current star Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown and veteran R'n'B favorite R. Kelly.
The BET Awards broke the exciting news via Twitter, confirming the participation of Timberlake, who is nominated for Best Male R&B/Pop Artist. He might perform his hit "Suit & Tie" with Jay-Z which is nominated for Best Collaboration and Video of the Year, or any of the other smashing singles from his album "The 20/20 Experience".
As for Carey and Minaj, it's highly unlikely that the two divas will be seen together onstage, with Carey most probably performing her latest hash-tagged single "#Beautiful" with the presence of Miguel in the line-up. Meanwhile, Minaj, who's in the running for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist, could perform her track "High School" with Lil Wayne, although there's no word yet if the rapper will be appearing on the show.
Hosting the awards ceremony will be comedian Chris Tucker while presenting the awards are radio DJ La La Vazquez a.k.a. LaLa Anthony, Golden Globe winner Angela Bassett, actress Paula Patton, "Bring It On" star Gabrielle Union and many more.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers