Miranda Cosgrove Suing Over 2011 Tour Bus Accident
Miranda Cosgrove files a lawsuit over her tour bus crash, nearly two years after it happened. The "iCarly" actress and her mother, who was on the bus when the accident happened in August 2011, blame the driver of the bus, the driver of the tractor and the transportation companies for what happened.
TMZ reports that the mother-daughter duo claims the accident could have been prevented if the drivers of both vehicles kept a "safe and proper lookout." They say the accident left them "disfigured and disabled" and caused them to "have lost their normal lives." They are seeking more than 50k each in damages.
The said accident happened when Cosgrove was on her way to Kansas for a concert as part of her Dancing Crazy Tour. The bus was reportedly traveling in the dark and came upon an already-overturned tractor-trailer on I-70 just outside of Vandalia, Illinois a little too late.
Rumor suggested since there was no time to avoid the semi-truck without potentially overturning the bus, the driver hit the brakes and faced the trailer head on. Because of the crash, the driver was seriously injured and had to be airlifted from the crash scene to a nearby hospital where he received 45 stitches.
The songstress was forced to cancel the rest of her tour. "There were five passengers on the bus, and Miranda suffered a broken ankle. At this time, we are told everyone will be fine," her rep said back then. "Because of this, her tour is postponed until further notice. Miranda thanks everyone for their understanding and support."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked