Jennifer Lopez Gets Her Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
Jennifer Lopez has been honored with the 2,500th star on Hollywood Walk of Fame. The 43-year-old singer delivered an emotional speech in a ceremony which was attended by her family, friends and fans, on Thursday, June 20, in front of the W Hotel in Hollywood.
"I love you, thank you so much for going on this journey with me. This landmark moment inspires me to work harder and dream bigger for all that is the future. I hope you feel as I do that it was all worth it, and I hope that I have touched your hearts even in a small way," she said in her speech, as quoted by CBS News. "This all feels, I don't know, kind of surreal, but so real. It's awesome," she added.
Wearing a sleeveless white top and peach-colored skirt, the actress and singer looked radiant as she sat with her son Max on her lap. Her boyfriend Casper Smart took a seat beside the former "American Idol" judge with her daughter Emme. Actress Jane Fonda, who played with Lopez in comedy movie "Monster-In-Law", sat on her left side.
"She should have an entire block of stars," Fonda said of the "Live It Up" hitmaker. Fonda also recalled that pretending to hate her in the 2005 comedy movie was "the hardest acting job I ever had."
In addition to Jane Fonda, rapper Pitbull who worked with Lopez in several songs including "On the Floor", actor Keenan Ivory Wayans and director Gregory Nava were also present at the Thursday ceremony. According to Reuters, former "American Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe attended the event as well.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel