Robert Downey Jr. Officially Returns to 'Avengers' Sequels as Iron Man
Joss Whedon finally gets what he wants. Through its official website, Marvel has just announced that Robert Downey Jr. has agreed to suit up again as fan-favorite hero Iron Man a.k.a. billionaire Tony Stark in "The Avengers 2", which will be ready for a May 1, 2015 release, as well as its follow-up, "The Avengers 3".
"Avengers 2" will still feature "favorites from the first 'Avengers' film," though Tom Hiddleston's character Loki won't appear in it as previously revealed by Whedon. Even so, the studio promises that the second film will be no less interesting as the first one since "new Marvel characters never before seen on the big screen" will be introduced here.
Whedon, who is tapped to pen and direct "Avengers 2", surely feels excited upon hearing the news. Earlier this month, he admitted that he wanted Downey so bad for the upcoming film. "He is Iron Man. He is Iron Man in the way that Sean Connery was James Bond," Whedon told The Daily Beast.
"I have no intention of making 'Avengers 2' without him, nor do I think I'll be called upon to do that. I don't think it's in my interest, Marvel's interest, or his interest, and I think everything will be fine."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked