Robert Downey Jr. Officially Returns to 'Avengers' Sequels as Iron Man
Joss Whedon finally gets what he wants. Through its official website, Marvel has just announced that Robert Downey Jr. has agreed to suit up again as fan-favorite hero Iron Man a.k.a. billionaire Tony Stark in "The Avengers 2", which will be ready for a May 1, 2015 release, as well as its follow-up, "The Avengers 3".
"Avengers 2" will still feature "favorites from the first 'Avengers' film," though Tom Hiddleston's character Loki won't appear in it as previously revealed by Whedon. Even so, the studio promises that the second film will be no less interesting as the first one since "new Marvel characters never before seen on the big screen" will be introduced here.
Whedon, who is tapped to pen and direct "Avengers 2", surely feels excited upon hearing the news. Earlier this month, he admitted that he wanted Downey so bad for the upcoming film. "He is Iron Man. He is Iron Man in the way that Sean Connery was James Bond," Whedon told The Daily Beast.
"I have no intention of making 'Avengers 2' without him, nor do I think I'll be called upon to do that. I don't think it's in my interest, Marvel's interest, or his interest, and I think everything will be fine."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'