Chris Brown Appeals Citation Over Home Murals, Cites the 1st Amendment
Chris Brown is not the type who will easily back down. This is what the 24-year-old recording artist made known to everyone when he appealed the citation issued to him last month by the city of Los Angeles, saying he would be fined for the "unpermitted and excessive signage" which happened to be the murals Brown himself painted on the walls outside his Hollywood Hills home.
The appeal, filed by Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos, fires back at neighbors who complained about the scary monsters graffiti that line up the walls of the singer's Rinconia Drive house. It basically states that the murals are works of art on his personal property and therefore, do not deserve the citation.
"The murals painted on the exterior of the structure are for the sole purpose of enhancing the architectural and aesthetic features of the residential property," the appeal stated. Moreover, the "murals are the reflection of the homeowner's aesthetic taste and a reflection of free speech and expression protected by the 1st Amendment...," Geragos argued on Brown's behalf.
Brown's neighbors complained last month that the children in their community got scared of his murals but the "Fine China" artist dismissed the criticism, tweeting, "There are scarier creatures on Harry Potter. Get a ... life!" and that he's going to keep on "paint(ing) until my hands fall off." Incidentally, "graffiti" is the title of Brown's third studio album released back in 2009.
More Chris Brown News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars