Video: Deputy Leo D'Amato Is Back for 'Veronica Mars' Movie
"I will be there - so will Deputy Leo," so Max Greenfield told Gold Derby during a live interview, confirming his appearance in "Veronica Mars" movie. The 32-year-old actor is invited back by director/writer Rob Thomas to portray the character he famously played in more than 10 episodes of the Kristen Bell-starring series.
"I'm really excited about it. It's one of those few occasions where you're going to work on something and I think I'm going there for a day, where you're working on something everybody is so excited to be there," he said. "Everybody is going to be going full force on this project and it's going to be like a fun reunion."
"New Girl" star Greenfield went on saying, "You want to go in there and do some really solid work because obviously, people put up their own money to see this. I think everybody who's playing a part in this thing has a responsibility, which is fun and exciting."
In the series, fans have recognized Deputy Leo as the one whom Veronica dated for a short time. The two split up after she kissed Logan Echolls and figured out her true feelings.
Greenfield is not the only returning star in the movie. Among other original cast members reprising their roles in it are Krysten Ritter, Tina Majorino, Brandon Hillock and Jason Dohring, who's recently been spotted filming a late night scene with Bell.
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'