Orianthi Premieres 'Heaven in This Hell' Music Video
Rock guitarist Orianthi has just come out with a music video for "Heaven in This Hell", the carrier single in her third studio album of the same title. The 28-year-old guitar goddess takes footage from her "At Guitar Center with Nic Harcourt" podcast episode to come up with the visuals for her latest single, which was also previously released through her first EP "Fire".
The brand new music video is 20-seconds short of a long 5-minute clip filled with black-and-white images of Orianthi clasping her guitar and rocking out with band mates Tommy Henriksen on bass and Glen Sobel on drums. With the monochrome treatment by director Paul Boyd, who has helmed the videos of Deadmau5 and Neon Trees, Orianthi's image stands out. Her golden locks, fair skin and white guitar are sticking out in the contrast.
"Heaven in This Hell" was co-written by Orianthi along with Gavin Brown, John Feldmann and Grammy-winner Dave Stewart, who also produced the track. It is the lead single among eleven tracks included in her new studio album and one of five tracks in her 2011 EP, which all made it to her current 2013 LP.
Orianthi is best known as the lead guitarist for the late Michael Jackson's "This Is It" concert series which never came to be due to the pop superstar's untimely death in 2009. She recently appeared on the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, playing the guitar riffs on Chris Brown's "Fine China" performance.
Orianthi's "Heaven in This Hell" music video
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army