'Empire State' Trailer: Liam Hemsworth Is Up to No Good
Liam Hemsworth shows up with a bruised face in a first trailer for "Empire State", in which he portrays a security guard that takes part in a robbery scheme. Though he may not look like a criminal, it does not make Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's character, a detective who investigates the heist case, unable to sense there's something strange about him.
Hemsworth is introduced as Chris Potamitis, who's been denied his dream job of being a cop. Settling for a security guard job with an armored truck company, Potamitis makes a mistake of mentioning the company's lax security to his best friend, and is soon unwittingly drawn into a robbery scheme - resulting in the largest cash heist in U.S. history.
As the stakes continue to rise, Potamitis and his buddy must outwit James Ransone (Johnson), the veteran NYPD Detective that is hot on their trail, as well as the local crime bosses that want to know who pulled a job on their turf, or suffer the consequences.
Michael Angarano is tapped to play Eddie, Potamitis' friend as well as partner-in-crime. Playing Hemsworth's on-screen girlfriend is Emma Roberts, who's seen in the video working as a waitress.
"Empire State", which is helmed by "The Son of No One" director Dito Montiel, will go straight to Blu-ray on September 3.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo