T-Bone Burnett Departs From 'Nashville'
"Nashville" is losing one of its key persons. T-Bone Burnett, who oversaw the production and creation of originals songs in the first season of the Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere-starring music drama series, has left the show.
"His slate of other film, television and recording projects would have made it impossible for him to return for a second season," his manager confirms his exit, noting the music producer planned to stay for one season from the beginning. "He became close to many of the actors on Nashville, and wishes all of them -- as well as the show's producers, writers and crew -- all the best with the coming season."
Burnett, who is married to "Nashville" creator Callie Khouri, will be replaced by right-hand man Buddy Miller as the executive music producer for season 2.
Khouri adds, "T-Bone's schedule this year is so overwhelming with the Llweyn Davis movie coming out and several other producing projects that he has: Elton John's record and so on." She tells The Hollywood Reporter, "We're going to do 'Nashville' 's second season with Buddy and some of the other producers that we worked with."
"T-Bone set the gold standard for the show. His commitment to the quality of the music, the sound for the characters and all of that was something that we were very lucky to get him for."
Burnett is currently working on the music for the Coen brothers' film "Inside Llewyn Davis", which stars Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake among many others.
More Nashville News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift