Shailene Woodley Feels 'Bummed' After Dropped From 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
There will be no Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". Shailene Woodley, who dyed her hair red for the role and only shot around three scenes, has confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that she is cut from the production following Marc Webb's creative decision about the story.
"Of course I'm bummed," Shailene admitted, as quoted in the June 18 issue of EW mag. "But I am a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason. MJ only appeared in a few scenes and I wouldn't trade the experience of working with Andrew [Garfield] and Emma [Stone] for three days on set for the world."
"Based on the proposed plot, I completely understand the need for holding off on introducing MJ until the next film," she added. Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Webb reasoned that he needed to "streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship."
While Mary Jane will be introduced in the third movie, Shailene seemingly won't be back to play the character. "Shailene is an incredibly talented actress, and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her," said Webb.
"Amazing Spider-Man 2" will follow the titular hero juggling his heroic duty to take out the bad guys as Spidey and his personal time with the person he loves the most as Peter Parker.
This time, things will change as new villains show up and his old friend Harry Osborn returns. The webslinger movie is set for a May 2, 2014 wide release.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'