Shailene Woodley Feels 'Bummed' After Dropped From 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
There will be no Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". Shailene Woodley, who dyed her hair red for the role and only shot around three scenes, has confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that she is cut from the production following Marc Webb's creative decision about the story.
"Of course I'm bummed," Shailene admitted, as quoted in the June 18 issue of EW mag. "But I am a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason. MJ only appeared in a few scenes and I wouldn't trade the experience of working with Andrew [Garfield] and Emma [Stone] for three days on set for the world."
"Based on the proposed plot, I completely understand the need for holding off on introducing MJ until the next film," she added. Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Webb reasoned that he needed to "streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship."
While Mary Jane will be introduced in the third movie, Shailene seemingly won't be back to play the character. "Shailene is an incredibly talented actress, and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her," said Webb.
"Amazing Spider-Man 2" will follow the titular hero juggling his heroic duty to take out the bad guys as Spidey and his personal time with the person he loves the most as Peter Parker.
This time, things will change as new villains show up and his old friend Harry Osborn returns. The webslinger movie is set for a May 2, 2014 wide release.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell