Liam Neeson, Salma Hayek and John Krasinski Set for Khalil Gibran's 'The Prophet'
Roger Allers has got several big names in Hollywood attached to his next project. Deadline learns that Liam Neeson will join forces with Salma Hayek and John Krasinski in "The Prophet", the animated movie inspired by Khalil Gibran's famous book which was first published in 1923 by Alfred A. Knopf.
Additionally, three other stars have already been on board to take part in the animation. Tony winner Frank Langella is added to the cast, along with Alfred Molina, known for starring as Dr. Otto Octavius in "Spider-Man 2", and Quvenzhane Wallis, Denzel Washington's co-star in upcoming musical "Annie".
Besides acting, Hayek will get involved in the production as a producer alongside Clark Peterson and Ron Senkowski. Participant Media and Doha Film Institute are to finance and executive produce the movie, which is penned by Allers.
Allers, who served behind the lens for Ashton Kutcher's "Open Season", will direct the narrative story. As for the individual chapters, they are to be helmed by Tomm Moore ("The Secret of Kells"), Joan Gratz ("Mona Lisa Descending a Staircase"), Bill Plympton ("Guard Dog and Your Face"), Nina Paley ("Sita Sings the Blues"), Joann Sfar ("The Rabbi's Cat"), Paul and Gaetan Brizzi ("Fantasia 2000"), Michal Socha ("Chick") and Mohammed Harib ("Freej").
"The Prophet" is eyeing a 2014 release in spring.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked