Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Ciara Set to Perform at BET Awards
Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Ciara are going to lend their star power to the 2013 BET Awards. The ladies will join other previously-confirmed performers that include Chris Brown, Miguel, R. Kelly and Kendrick Lamar.
"BET Awards! Ow! Super Turnt Up!" Ciara tweeted on Tuesday, June 18. Carey also took to Twitter to make sure her fans wouldn't miss her performance at the event. She wrote, "Mariah Alert: Mariah announced as a performer on the BET Awards, LIVE in Los Angeles on June 30 at 8pm!"
Chris Tucker is set to host BET Awards that will be held at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre on Sunday night, June 30. Paula Patton, LaLa Anthony, Angela Bassett and Gabrielle Union are going to serve as presenters.
The upcoming event will see nominees competing in several categories. Drake leads with twelve nominations while 2 Chainz and Lamar are nominated for eight awards each. The three musicians aren't the only big nominees as A$AP Rocky and Jay-Z each get five, and Justin Timberlake and Miguel get four each.
More Mariah Carey News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show