Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Ciara Set to Perform at BET Awards
Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Ciara are going to lend their star power to the 2013 BET Awards. The ladies will join other previously-confirmed performers that include Chris Brown, Miguel, R. Kelly and Kendrick Lamar.
"BET Awards! Ow! Super Turnt Up!" Ciara tweeted on Tuesday, June 18. Carey also took to Twitter to make sure her fans wouldn't miss her performance at the event. She wrote, "Mariah Alert: Mariah announced as a performer on the BET Awards, LIVE in Los Angeles on June 30 at 8pm!"
Chris Tucker is set to host BET Awards that will be held at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre on Sunday night, June 30. Paula Patton, LaLa Anthony, Angela Bassett and Gabrielle Union are going to serve as presenters.
The upcoming event will see nominees competing in several categories. Drake leads with twelve nominations while 2 Chainz and Lamar are nominated for eight awards each. The three musicians aren't the only big nominees as A$AP Rocky and Jay-Z each get five, and Justin Timberlake and Miguel get four each.
More Mariah Carey News
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards