Amanda Bynes' Album May Be Produced by Wyclef Jean
Amanda Bynes has a plan to work together with Grammy Award-winning rapper Wyclef Jean in her upcoming album. Chinga Chang Records CEO Dan Herman told E! News that he and Bynes had a meeting with Jean on Monday night, June 17, to discuss a possible collaboration.
"I think it would be perfect. Linking the two of them will be something major," Herman said of the collaboration between the troubled star and the 43-year-old rapper. Adding that the album would "shock the world," he praised Bynes, "She has such a great voice. Singers wish they could hit the notes that Amanda does."
Bynes expressed her desire to become a rapper in a recent Twitter rant. Jean was reportedly interested in helping Bynes with her music. A source told Radar Online that Bynes had been a fan of Jean that she wanted a collaboration with the rapper.
"Wyclef is the perfect producer for Amanda's first single, because he isn't only about making records," the source told the site. "He's a humanitarian and politician, so this will not be a typical album."
The source also said that the album was planned to hit the market as soon as possible. The source added, "This is something very special. Wyclef is familiar with Amanda's talent and sound, so it only makes sense to have her sit down with someone of his caliber."
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC