Woman Dies at The Stone Roses' Glasgow Green Gig
A female fan died after collapsing at The Stone Roses' show on Saturday night, June 15. The unidentified 24-year-old woman, whose cause of death hasn't been determined, was among 50,000 concertogers who attended the Machester indie band's concert at Glasgow Green.
The incident happened around 9 P.M. "She was found lying on the grass at the back of nine and her friends raised the alarm," a source told Daily Record. "Paramedics tried to help her but it doesn't look like there was anything they could do. A lot of CID were on the scene and they interviewed the staff and other people who had been around."
A spokesperson for Police Scotland confirmed the woman's death, saying, "Just after 9 P.M. we received a report that a 24-year-old woman had fallen while attending the Stone Roses concert. Emergency services attended and the woman was treated at the venue before being taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary where she was pronounced dead."
Police said that there were no suspicious circumstances and a post-mortem examination would be performed to establish the cause of death.
Record also reported that a 36-year-old woman was injured at the same concert. Alison Davidson, the woman, had her face covered in blood after getting hit by a glass bottle thrown in the crowd. "Security at the gig was absolutely shocking, no bags were being searched on the way in and so people brought in booze in glass bottles," she complained.
Police made a total of 24 arrests at the concert for anti-social and drugs offenses.
The Stone Roses reunited in 2011 after having their last show together in 1990. That night's concert included appearances from The View, Jake Bugg and Primal Scream.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign