Olympian Greg Louganis Gets Engaged to Partner Johnny Chaillot
Olympic diver Greg Louganis just got engaged to his partner Johnny Chaillot. The 53-year-old four-time Olympic gold medalist and his paralegal boyfriend, who works for the powerhouse law firm Loeb & Loeb, are set to tie the knot this year, after a year of exclusively dating each other.
"It is officially out!" Louganis excitedly announces on Twitter. "Yes, we are getting married! Love my life and love Johnny Chaillot." Louganis reveals he had found his soul mate in Chaillot, saying, "The more I fall in love with Johnny, the more I fall in love with myself. This is what the universe had in store for both of us."
Louganis first spoke about being gay to Oprah Winfrey back in 1995 in an interview on her long-running TV talk show. Along with his public admission of being HIV-positive, Louganis became an outspoken advocate for the LGBT community and people diagnosed with HIV/AIDS.
In the prime of his diving career, Louganis won four gold medals in the 1984 and 1988 Olympic Games both on the 3m springboard and 10m platform, becoming the only male and second diver in Olympic history to sweep the diving events in two consecutive Olympic Games. Currently, he is a mentor of the U.S. Olympic diving team and earlier this year, also appeared as a coach on ABC's reality TV diving competition, "Splash".
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie