Dave Chappelle Returns to Standup Comedy in Oddball and Curiosity Tour
Reclusive comedian Dave Chappelle is ready to make a comeback. He will embark on a 13-date tour for a series of standup comedy shows across the country co-headlining with Flight of the Conchords. It will mark his first high-profile gig since he abruptly walked away from his hit TV program, "Chappelle's Show", in 2005.
"Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival" is presented by Funny or Die. It will feature "two stages, street performers, vendors, psychics, freaks, tasty treats and more," with such talents as Al Madrigal, Brody Stevens, Chris D'Elia, Demetri Martin, Hannibal Buress, Jim Jefferies, John Mulaney and Kristen Schaal.
The roadshow will begin on August 23 in Austin, Texas and will finish on September 22 in Phoenix, Arizona. Standup comedy has become increasingly popular at major music festival these days like SXSW and Bonnaroo, but it's the first time Funny or Die sponsors such a large event. It's also the biggest comedy festival ever promoted by LiveNation.
Since his exit from "Chappelle's Show" eight years ago, Dave has relatively kept a low profile. He occasionally appeared in comedy clubs and made a handful of impromptu performances across the country with fellow funnymen like Kevin Hart and Chris Rock. Tickets for his upcoming shows will go on sale starting June 21.
Oddball Festival Tour Dates:
- Aug 23 - Austin, Texas at Austin360 Amphitheater
- Aug 24 - Houston, Texas at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- Aug 25 - Dallas, Texas at Gexa Energy Pavilion
- Aug 30 - Pittsburgh, Pa. at First Niagara Pavilion
- Aug 31 - Tinley Park, Ill. at First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
- Sept 01 - Detroit, Mich. at DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Sept 06 - Camden, N.J. at Susquehanna Bank Center
- Sept 07 - Holmdel, N.J. at PNC Bank Arts Center
- Sept 08 - Mansfield, Ma. at Comcast Center
- Sept 13 - Denver, Colo. at Fiddler's Green Amphitheater
- Sept 15 - Irvine, Calif. at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- Sept 20 - Mountain View, Calif. at Shoreline Amphitheater
- Sept 22 - Phoenix, Ariz. at Desert Sky Pavilion
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed