Jay-Z Announces New Album 'Magna Carta... Holy Grail' in Samsung Ad
Jay-Z's new album is coming next month. In a Samsung ad that aired during a halftime of NBA Finals on Sunday, June 16, the 43-year-old rapper announced the new album entitled "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" would arrive on July 4.
The 3-minute video sees the rapper in a studio and having a discussion about his upcoming album with Rick Rubin, Timbaland, Pharrell Williams, and Swizz Beatz. "The album is about, like this duality of how do you navigate through this whole thing, through success, through failures, through all this and remain yourself," he told the collaborators.
"The idea is to really finish the album and drop it," Jay-Z continued. "Giving it to the world at one time and letting them share it, and it goes out."
South Korean electronics giant Samsung has reportedly bought one million copies of Jay-Z's upcoming album for $5 each. The albums then will be given to one million Samsung Galaxy users for free on July 4, three days ahead of its official release date. Fans who use Galaxy S III, Galaxy S4, and Galaxy Note II will be able to download the full album with a free app that will come to the Play store on June 24.
"Magna Carta... Holy Grail" is Jay-Z's fifteenth studio album. The follow-up to 2009's "The Blueprint 3" will feature Jay-Z's collaborations with The-Dream, Drake, Nas and Justin Timberlake.
More Jay-Z News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival