Loki Confirmed Not to Return to 'Avengers 2'
Tom Hiddleston apparently won't be involved in "The Avengers 2". Currently working on the sequel's script, director Joss Whedon has confirmed the absence of Loki, the villainous character that the English actor has portrayed in "Thor" and "The Avengers", when appearing recently on the podcast of the U.K.'s Empire Magazine.
"Everyone is going to be looking for the Loki-Hulk smash moment and you'll be looking for 'quim' [Loki's infamous insult to Black Widow]," Whedon said. "No, first of all, imitating what I did before is the surest way to do it not as well. Second of all, Loki's not there to say those terrible things. Although I do think we should bring the word back, not as an insult, it's just a nice word."
Hiddleston himself seems to have given hints at his absence in the upcoming Marvel film. In a red-carpet interview at Jameson Empire Awards last month, the 32-year-old actor said that he knew nothing about the film, and was unsure whether he would reprise his role.
While Hiddleston turns out to receive no invitation from Whedon, there is still no sign of Robert Downey Jr. returning to "Avengers 2". As previously reported, Downey has been asked to reprise his role as Iron Man in the film after he openly hinted at his retirement from any Marvel production.
However, there is still a big possibility of Downey suiting up again as Whedon has made it clear that he has "no intention of making 'Avengers 2' without him."
"Avengers 2" is set for a May 1, 2015 release.
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?