Loki Confirmed Not to Return to 'Avengers 2'
Tom Hiddleston apparently won't be involved in "The Avengers 2". Currently working on the sequel's script, director Joss Whedon has confirmed the absence of Loki, the villainous character that the English actor has portrayed in "Thor" and "The Avengers", when appearing recently on the podcast of the U.K.'s Empire Magazine.
"Everyone is going to be looking for the Loki-Hulk smash moment and you'll be looking for 'quim' [Loki's infamous insult to Black Widow]," Whedon said. "No, first of all, imitating what I did before is the surest way to do it not as well. Second of all, Loki's not there to say those terrible things. Although I do think we should bring the word back, not as an insult, it's just a nice word."
Hiddleston himself seems to have given hints at his absence in the upcoming Marvel film. In a red-carpet interview at Jameson Empire Awards last month, the 32-year-old actor said that he knew nothing about the film, and was unsure whether he would reprise his role.
While Hiddleston turns out to receive no invitation from Whedon, there is still no sign of Robert Downey Jr. returning to "Avengers 2". As previously reported, Downey has been asked to reprise his role as Iron Man in the film after he openly hinted at his retirement from any Marvel production.
However, there is still a big possibility of Downey suiting up again as Whedon has made it clear that he has "no intention of making 'Avengers 2' without him."
"Avengers 2" is set for a May 1, 2015 release.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal