Tony Blair Denies Rumor of Affair With Rupert Murdoch's Wife Wendi Deng
Tony Blair, via a representative, slams rumor suggesting that he is involved in Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng's divorce. "If you are asking if they are having an affair, the answer is no," says the former British Prime Minister's representative to The Hollywood Reporter.
The representative explains further that there has never been an affair between Blair and Murdoch's third wife. Blair, who happens to be the godfather of the couple's children, will not make a public statement in regards to the matter.
Media mogul Rupert Murdoch filed for divorce on Thursday morning, June 13, at the New York State Supreme Court, saying that his marriage with Wendi Deng had "irretrievably broken down." The couple has two daughters from 14 years of marriage, Grace and Chloe.
After the news of the split broke out, journalists began tweeting to discuss the topic. BBC economics editor Robert Peston wrote on Twitter on Thursday that he was told that "undisclosed reasons for Murdoch divorcing Deng are jaw-dropping - & hate myself for wanting to know what they are."
Author of Murdoch biography "The Man Who Owns the News: Inside the Secret World of Rupert Murdoch", Michael Wolff, later tweeted, "Rumor about the big B is everywhere except in print." In regards to Peston's tweet, he said, "We can only speculate about what he might mean."
Murdoch met Deng for the first time at a News Corp party in Hong Kong in 1997, when she worked at Murdoch-owned Star Television. The two got married on his yacht in New York Harbor in June 1999 after his divorce from Anna Maria Tory was finalized.
More Rupert Murdoch News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story