'Despicable Me 2' TV Spot: Gru Dressed as Fairy Princess for Father's Day
"Despicable Me 2" has its own way to celebrate Father's Day. This time, Gru is tapped to come out in the film's newly-released TV spot, sporting a pink lace ruffle dress complete with a blonde wig at a kids yard party. Apparently, his too-scary-to-be-called-fairy-princess appearance bothers a kid. "How come you're so fat?" asks a little girl bluntly.
The film from Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin follows supervillain Gru, whose life is now turned upside down when Agent Lucy Wilde of the Anti-Villain League visits him for a purpose. Despite his unwillingness, Gru is assigned to help take down a fellow villain, armed with some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons.
The sequel to "Despicable Me" is still headlined by Steve Carell, who returns to voice Gru. Previously voicing Miss Hattie in the first film, Kristen Wiig this time lands a role of Agent Lucy. Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino as voice actor of villain Eduardo.
Also supported by Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, Steve Coogan and Ken Jeong, "Despicable Me 2" is written by Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul, and will be released nationwide on July 3.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'