'Despicable Me 2' TV Spot: Gru Dressed as Fairy Princess for Father's Day
"Despicable Me 2" has its own way to celebrate Father's Day. This time, Gru is tapped to come out in the film's newly-released TV spot, sporting a pink lace ruffle dress complete with a blonde wig at a kids yard party. Apparently, his too-scary-to-be-called-fairy-princess appearance bothers a kid. "How come you're so fat?" asks a little girl bluntly.
The film from Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin follows supervillain Gru, whose life is now turned upside down when Agent Lucy Wilde of the Anti-Villain League visits him for a purpose. Despite his unwillingness, Gru is assigned to help take down a fellow villain, armed with some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons.
The sequel to "Despicable Me" is still headlined by Steve Carell, who returns to voice Gru. Previously voicing Miss Hattie in the first film, Kristen Wiig this time lands a role of Agent Lucy. Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino as voice actor of villain Eduardo.
Also supported by Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, Steve Coogan and Ken Jeong, "Despicable Me 2" is written by Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul, and will be released nationwide on July 3.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit