'Despicable Me 2' TV Spot: Gru Dressed as Fairy Princess for Father's Day
"Despicable Me 2" has its own way to celebrate Father's Day. This time, Gru is tapped to come out in the film's newly-released TV spot, sporting a pink lace ruffle dress complete with a blonde wig at a kids yard party. Apparently, his too-scary-to-be-called-fairy-princess appearance bothers a kid. "How come you're so fat?" asks a little girl bluntly.
The film from Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin follows supervillain Gru, whose life is now turned upside down when Agent Lucy Wilde of the Anti-Villain League visits him for a purpose. Despite his unwillingness, Gru is assigned to help take down a fellow villain, armed with some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons.
The sequel to "Despicable Me" is still headlined by Steve Carell, who returns to voice Gru. Previously voicing Miss Hattie in the first film, Kristen Wiig this time lands a role of Agent Lucy. Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino as voice actor of villain Eduardo.
Also supported by Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, Steve Coogan and Ken Jeong, "Despicable Me 2" is written by Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul, and will be released nationwide on July 3.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young