'Despicable Me 2' TV Spot: Gru Dressed as Fairy Princess for Father's Day
"Despicable Me 2" has its own way to celebrate Father's Day. This time, Gru is tapped to come out in the film's newly-released TV spot, sporting a pink lace ruffle dress complete with a blonde wig at a kids yard party. Apparently, his too-scary-to-be-called-fairy-princess appearance bothers a kid. "How come you're so fat?" asks a little girl bluntly.
The film from Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin follows supervillain Gru, whose life is now turned upside down when Agent Lucy Wilde of the Anti-Villain League visits him for a purpose. Despite his unwillingness, Gru is assigned to help take down a fellow villain, armed with some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons.
The sequel to "Despicable Me" is still headlined by Steve Carell, who returns to voice Gru. Previously voicing Miss Hattie in the first film, Kristen Wiig this time lands a role of Agent Lucy. Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino as voice actor of villain Eduardo.
Also supported by Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, Steve Coogan and Ken Jeong, "Despicable Me 2" is written by Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul, and will be released nationwide on July 3.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest