'Despicable Me 2' TV Spot: Gru Dressed as Fairy Princess for Father's Day
"Despicable Me 2" has its own way to celebrate Father's Day. This time, Gru is tapped to come out in the film's newly-released TV spot, sporting a pink lace ruffle dress complete with a blonde wig at a kids yard party. Apparently, his too-scary-to-be-called-fairy-princess appearance bothers a kid. "How come you're so fat?" asks a little girl bluntly.
The film from Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin follows supervillain Gru, whose life is now turned upside down when Agent Lucy Wilde of the Anti-Villain League visits him for a purpose. Despite his unwillingness, Gru is assigned to help take down a fellow villain, armed with some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons.
The sequel to "Despicable Me" is still headlined by Steve Carell, who returns to voice Gru. Previously voicing Miss Hattie in the first film, Kristen Wiig this time lands a role of Agent Lucy. Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino as voice actor of villain Eduardo.
Also supported by Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, Steve Coogan and Ken Jeong, "Despicable Me 2" is written by Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul, and will be released nationwide on July 3.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby