Kim Deal Leaves the Pixies
Kim Deal, bassist and back-up vocalist for alternative rock band the Pixies, has left the group after 25 long years, the remaining members have announced. The 52-year-old musician has ended her partnership with the band that had gone through a hiatus, a sudden break-up and then a reunion tour.
"We are sad to say that Kim Deal has decided to leave the Pixies," the band revealed in a statement posted on Friday, June 14 on their Facebook page, which was also reflected on their updated Twitter profile. "We are very proud to have worked with her ... [and] despite her decision to move on, we will always consider her a member of the Pixies, and her place will always be here for her. We wish her all the best."
Deal's departure finally puts an end to the once tumultuous relationship she had with frontman Black Francis due to creative tensions, which once led to Francis firing Deal and informing her about it via a fax message. Following Deal's frustration with Francis, she formed her own group The Breeders during the band's hiatus, where she later fully focused on after the Pixies broke up in 1993.
After a decade, Deal, Francis, guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lovering reunited for a 2004 tour. It even led to a 20th anniversary "Doolittle" album tour and a new song "Bam Thwok". There are even rumors of a new album from the Pixies which obviously will no longer include Deal, who will just continue recording and releasing music with The Breeders.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala