Kim Deal Leaves the Pixies
Kim Deal, bassist and back-up vocalist for alternative rock band the Pixies, has left the group after 25 long years, the remaining members have announced. The 52-year-old musician has ended her partnership with the band that had gone through a hiatus, a sudden break-up and then a reunion tour.
"We are sad to say that Kim Deal has decided to leave the Pixies," the band revealed in a statement posted on Friday, June 14 on their Facebook page, which was also reflected on their updated Twitter profile. "We are very proud to have worked with her ... [and] despite her decision to move on, we will always consider her a member of the Pixies, and her place will always be here for her. We wish her all the best."
Deal's departure finally puts an end to the once tumultuous relationship she had with frontman Black Francis due to creative tensions, which once led to Francis firing Deal and informing her about it via a fax message. Following Deal's frustration with Francis, she formed her own group The Breeders during the band's hiatus, where she later fully focused on after the Pixies broke up in 1993.
After a decade, Deal, Francis, guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lovering reunited for a 2004 tour. It even led to a 20th anniversary "Doolittle" album tour and a new song "Bam Thwok". There are even rumors of a new album from the Pixies which obviously will no longer include Deal, who will just continue recording and releasing music with The Breeders.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert