Kim Deal Leaves the Pixies
Kim Deal, bassist and back-up vocalist for alternative rock band the Pixies, has left the group after 25 long years, the remaining members have announced. The 52-year-old musician has ended her partnership with the band that had gone through a hiatus, a sudden break-up and then a reunion tour.
"We are sad to say that Kim Deal has decided to leave the Pixies," the band revealed in a statement posted on Friday, June 14 on their Facebook page, which was also reflected on their updated Twitter profile. "We are very proud to have worked with her ... [and] despite her decision to move on, we will always consider her a member of the Pixies, and her place will always be here for her. We wish her all the best."
Deal's departure finally puts an end to the once tumultuous relationship she had with frontman Black Francis due to creative tensions, which once led to Francis firing Deal and informing her about it via a fax message. Following Deal's frustration with Francis, she formed her own group The Breeders during the band's hiatus, where she later fully focused on after the Pixies broke up in 1993.
After a decade, Deal, Francis, guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lovering reunited for a 2004 tour. It even led to a 20th anniversary "Doolittle" album tour and a new song "Bam Thwok". There are even rumors of a new album from the Pixies which obviously will no longer include Deal, who will just continue recording and releasing music with The Breeders.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack