Kim Deal Leaves the Pixies
Kim Deal, bassist and back-up vocalist for alternative rock band the Pixies, has left the group after 25 long years, the remaining members have announced. The 52-year-old musician has ended her partnership with the band that had gone through a hiatus, a sudden break-up and then a reunion tour.
"We are sad to say that Kim Deal has decided to leave the Pixies," the band revealed in a statement posted on Friday, June 14 on their Facebook page, which was also reflected on their updated Twitter profile. "We are very proud to have worked with her ... [and] despite her decision to move on, we will always consider her a member of the Pixies, and her place will always be here for her. We wish her all the best."
Deal's departure finally puts an end to the once tumultuous relationship she had with frontman Black Francis due to creative tensions, which once led to Francis firing Deal and informing her about it via a fax message. Following Deal's frustration with Francis, she formed her own group The Breeders during the band's hiatus, where she later fully focused on after the Pixies broke up in 1993.
After a decade, Deal, Francis, guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lovering reunited for a 2004 tour. It even led to a 20th anniversary "Doolittle" album tour and a new song "Bam Thwok". There are even rumors of a new album from the Pixies which obviously will no longer include Deal, who will just continue recording and releasing music with The Breeders.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'