Kim Deal Leaves the Pixies
Kim Deal, bassist and back-up vocalist for alternative rock band the Pixies, has left the group after 25 long years, the remaining members have announced. The 52-year-old musician has ended her partnership with the band that had gone through a hiatus, a sudden break-up and then a reunion tour.
"We are sad to say that Kim Deal has decided to leave the Pixies," the band revealed in a statement posted on Friday, June 14 on their Facebook page, which was also reflected on their updated Twitter profile. "We are very proud to have worked with her ... [and] despite her decision to move on, we will always consider her a member of the Pixies, and her place will always be here for her. We wish her all the best."
Deal's departure finally puts an end to the once tumultuous relationship she had with frontman Black Francis due to creative tensions, which once led to Francis firing Deal and informing her about it via a fax message. Following Deal's frustration with Francis, she formed her own group The Breeders during the band's hiatus, where she later fully focused on after the Pixies broke up in 1993.
After a decade, Deal, Francis, guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lovering reunited for a 2004 tour. It even led to a 20th anniversary "Doolittle" album tour and a new song "Bam Thwok". There are even rumors of a new album from the Pixies which obviously will no longer include Deal, who will just continue recording and releasing music with The Breeders.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'