Jack Johnson Replaces Mumford and Sons at Bonnaroo Music Festival
Jack Johnson is set to replace Mumford & Sons at Bonnaroo Music Festival in Tennessee on Saturday, June 15. "In Mumford & Sons' place, festival organizers are pleased to announce that Jack Johnson will now headline Bonnaroo on Saturday night," read a statement posted on Bonnaroo's website.
The replacement came a day after the British band announced they canceled their show at the festival due to bassist Ted Dwane's condition after undergoing a brain surgery. "Bonnaroo wishes Ted a speedy recovery and looks forward to the band returning to the festival," the statement added.
Johnson also posted a statement of his own, confirming his upcoming appearance. "I was on my way to Bonnaroo to sit in on a set with my friends ALO last night when we got the call asking if I could possibly help out and cover for Mumford and Sons. I called my band and asked if they were up for it. Long story short -they are headed this way," he said.
"I've got a lot of lyrics and chords to relearn by Saturday night. I was here to play the first Bonnaroo and it is a very special festival to my band. We are excited to hit the stage again," Johnson continued. He also sent Dwane a well-wishes, adding, "Get well Ted!"
Mumford & Sons previously axed their gigs in Dallas, Texas and New Orleans as bassist Dwane underwent a surgery to remove a blood clot found on his brain. The band planned to return to the stage to highlight the Bonnaroo festival, but they had to change their plan since Dwane needed more time to recover.
"If we could've we would've, you know that about us. We trust that you can respect our collective desire to encourage Ted to make a full recovery, and that this is based purely on the medical advice we have received," the band wrote on their official Facebook page.
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad