Gary Oldman Eyes Ralph Fiennes and Benedict Cumberbatch for 'Flying Horse'
Gary Oldman's next directorial vehicle "Flying Horse" seemingly can reunite him with his co-stars in "Harry Potter" and "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy". The Wrap reports that 55-year-old Oldman wants Ralph Fiennes and Benedict Cumberbatch to star in the Eadweard Muybridge biopic.
The site reports that Oldman has done writing the script, which centers on the courtship and love affair between Muybrige's wife, Flora, and famous theater critic Harry Larkyns, who was shot dead by Muybridge. Despite no official news yet, a fan of Oldman claims that the English director and actor himself has confirmed to her that Fiennes is already on board.
The biopic is scheduled to start filming early next year with Oldman's manager, Douglas Urbanski, set to produce the indie film. Oldman possibly plays a small role as Dennis Spencer, the district attorney that prosecuted Muybridge.
The Sirius Black depicter seems to have prepared a lot for the production since he told New York Times last year that he was reading Rebecca Solnit's biography "River of Shadows: Eadweard Muybridge and the Technological Wild West".
Oldman's directorial debut "Nil by Mouth" is a 1997 critically-acclaimed family drama, which starred Ray Winstone. Nominated for Cannes' Palme d'Or, it won big at BAFTA Awards, snatching two trophies for the screenplay and Best British Film.
As an actor, Oldman will next be seen in "Paranoia", which also stars Liam Hemsworth and Harrison Ford, and is set for an August 16 wide release.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama