Miley Cyrus Is 'Worried' About Sister After Parents Announced Divorce
Miley Cyrus talked about her parents' divorce to Showbiz Shelly, entertainment reporter for B96 Radio in Chicago. Miley, who was in the midst of promotion for her new hit "We Can't Stop", stopped by the radio on Friday, June 14, to discuss her latest masterpiece.
Shelly, whose real name is Michelle Menaker, told PEOPLE, "She was in a really good mood, and she was talking about how she worked with Snoop Dogg on her album, and we asked her about her hair and her new look." After the interview, the 20-year-old singer opened up to the entertainment reporter in regards to her parents' divorce, which was announced on Thursday.
When Miley was asked how she was doing following divorce announcement from her father Billy Ray Cyrus and mother Tish Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth's fiancee said, "Oh, I'm fine. I'm okay." She added that her parents' split would not be really noticeable to her because she had busy schedule. According to Shelly, Miley added, "I'm much more concerned for my sister [Noah]. She's 13." Noah wrote a plea for support on Twitter following the announcement, saying, "Please pray for me and my family."
According to documents submitted to the court on Thursday, "irreconcilable differences" was cited as the reason of Billy Ray and Tish's split. In the documents obtained by TMZ, Tish seeks for spousal support, payment of attorney's fees, as well as legal and physical custody of daughter Noah Cyrus, the couple's child who is still minor.
Previously in October 2010, the couple almost split after Billy Ray filed for divorce, but he withdrew the petition five months later. "I want to put my family back together," Billy Ray said in an interview with "The View" at that time.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake